Monday 22 April 2013

Kiprotic Finishes sixth At London Marathon

Kip

Olympic marathon gold medalist Stephen Kiprotich came 6th at the Virgin London Marathon with a time of  2:08:05. The 42km race was won by Ethiopia’s Tsegaye Kebede who outpaced Kenya’s Mutai and Biwott, winning with a time of (2:06:03).
Kebede also won the same marathon in the year 2010. The time Kiprotish finished with at the london marathon is slower than the time he finished with at the olympics.
“I’m very happy to come and compete in this marathon,” Kiprotich told reporters on sunday Prior to the beginning of the race. “I don’t have any pressure for me. I just feel proud. In the competition everything is possible. I always believe everything is possible.”
The London marathon took place amid  tighter security,  after the Boston Marathon bomb attack. Runners observed a moment of silence before the start of the London Marathon for the victims of the Boston marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment