Thursday, 2 January 2014

Pastor Drowns As He Attempts To Walk On Water

A news organization, has reported the following unfortunate incident: “An evangelist who tried replicating Jesus’ miracle of walking on water has reportedly drowned off the western coast of Africa.
Pastor Franck Kabele, 35, told his congregation he could repeat the biblical miracle, and he attempted it from a beach in Gabon’s capital of Libreville
He told churchgoers he’d had a revelation that if he had enough faith, he could walk on water like Jesus,’ an eyewitness told theGlasgow Daily Record. ‘He took his congregation to the beach saying he would walk across the Komo estuary, which takes 20 minutes by boat.
He walked into the water, which soon passed over his head and he never came back.’ A researcher at Florida State University believes he has a natural explanation for the account of Jesus’ miraculous walk on the surface of water — ice.
Professor of Oceanography Doron Nof and the co-authors of his study theorize that a rare combination of optimal water and atmospheric conditions resulted in a unique, localized freezing phenomenon called ‘springs ice.’
This horrible incident, together with a “professor’s” response, progresses from the tragically untaught to the supremely obtuse. The Tragedy of Ignorance“‘Pastor’ Kabele” obviously was a very sincere man; but sincerity does not nullify ignorance.
I do not use this term in a pejorative way. All of us are ignorant in some matters. It’s just that sometimes one form of ignorance can have a greater consequence than others.
In the first place it should be noted that “revelations” from God do not occur today. When the Old Testament era came to an end in Malachi’s day, 400 years passed with no “revelations” from God.










































we are now homeless, we still thank God for sparing our lives in 2013  because only the living have hope’’. These were the words of one of the occupants of Nos 34, 35 and 36, Obiora Street, located near Baruwa Bus Stop in Itire-Ijesha, a densely populated area of Lagos State. Their houses were gutted by fire on Monday, December 30, 2013. The victims of the disaster are now taking refuge with neighbours and relations.
Bose-pixTrouble started around 1pm that fateful Monday when a spark of fire was first at House 34. On noticing the fire, the tenants were said to have  raised an alarm which attracted neighbours and sympaAhisers.  But their efforts to put off the raging fire failed to yield positive results.
The fire which spread like harmattan wind lasted for about two hours and destroyed property estimated at several million of Naira. Although no life was lost in the disaster, one person was said to be have been seriously injured.
An occupant of one of the razed buildings, Baala Musa told Vanguard Metro, VM  that the fire fighters were not contacted on time apparently due to an alleged  poor service by the GSM operators. The inability of the fire fighters to arrive on time led to the spread of the fire to nearby buildings.
The residents, VM gathered, succeeded in reaching the National Emergency Management Authority, NEMA which immediately contacted both the State and Federal Fire Services. Their arrival helped to put off the fire which was spreading to other buildings in the neighbourhood.
One of the victims who did not want her names in print, said the fire was caused by the carelessness of one of the occupants. Another resident of the razed buildings, Mr. Akeem Adesola told VM that the fire was aided by the harmattan. This allegation was deflated by the South West Information Officer of  NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye.
According to Farinloye, the fire was caused by an electrical spark. He  advised Nigerians to look out for electrical surges especially during this festive season. One of the victims who pleaded anonymity, said he was caught off guard by the inferno.
‘’We were to travel on that day but the journey was aborted due to lack of funds. I went to my shop to see if I can  raise some money when a neighbour rushed in, shouting for help.
I quickly followed him, not knowing that danger was looming. Before I arrived the scene, the fire had escalated and consumed all my belongings. As I am talking to you now, I am helpless and almost naked. But I thank God for sparing my life,’’  she muttered.
Madam Sade Olalere who was also affected by the fire disaster, said the incident has succeeded in separating her from other members of her family. ‘’The fire was first noticed at No 34. That prompted   the occupants to raise an alarm. We all  rushed to the scene but as we battled to bring the situation under control, the fire spread  to our apartment. Most of my property were consumed before I got there.
As I am talking to you, all my credentials have been lost to the inferno. But once there is life, there is hope, ‘’ she  managed to say.
An eye witness told VM that  fire fighters and emergency agencies were not contacted until the fire had spread uncontrollably to nearby houses. One of those who battled to bring the fire under control was badly injured in the process.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/midday-fire-rendered-residents-lagos-slum-homeless/#sthash.guvMYP4S.dpuf