Wednesday 8 October 2014

Mayor Mamerito Weeps In Court As Kasokoso Cases Rages On.Double click

Kira division mayor, Mamerito Mugerwa unusually wept in Nakawa magistrate’s court presided over by Flavia Nassuna, an act that left many people amazed.
GRIEVED; Mamerito weeping
GRIEVED; Mamerito weeping
This was during his witness submission against Kasokoso-Kireka residents that Mamerito accused of beating him. When he came to the point where he was allegedly thumped, tears started rolling out of Mamerito’s eyes. He pulled out his hankie and took some time out, dried his eyes before he resumed his submission. The accused, including David Ssekiziyivu Muya, Daudi Mugalya, Jude Kaboggoza, Haji Musa Ssewagudde and Umar Muyanja were charged with attempted murder.
ACCUSED; L-R; Ssekiziyivu, Mugalya, Kaboggoza, Ssekigudde and Muyanja in the dock
ACCUSED; L-R; Ssekiziyivu, Mugalya, Kaboggoza, Ssekigudde and Muyanja in the dock
When pinning the above Mamerito said that before the fateful day, he had met former Kampala Metropolitan commander (KMC), Andrew Felix Kaweesi and discussed on how to restore harmony in Kasokoso following a demonstration that had taken place the previous day. “On 5th November 2013 afternoon, people gathered at ‘the Beach’-Kasokoso Kireka ward in Kira. I requested the DPC kira division, Peter Nkulega to keep monitoring and inform me when KMC arrives so that I go there only when he (KMC) has arrived because the people were not friendly to me,” Mamerito said. Mamerito therefore came to attend the meeting that was attended by over 5000 people.
EVIDENCE; Mamerito showing his torn shirt
EVIDENCE; Mamerito showing his torn shirt
He added, “As I continued walking towards the high table, Ssewagudde and others started shouting that-Aduuyi (literally meaning an enemy) as he advanced towards me to block me. Muyanja then commanded that-Uwa (literally meaning kill him). Ssewagudde continued blocking me as I tried to proceed to the high table.”
The beating
Mamerito said that chaos intensified and it was at this time that beating him started. “It was at this time that Ssewagudde hit me with a stone on my head on my escape (he the wept). At this time, they were three-Muyanja, Kaboggoza abd Ssewagudde. Muyanja was beating me with a metallic object while Kaboggoza aided in pushing me” he said, adding that because of the chaos, everyone started targeting his life.
FATEFUL DAY; The day Mamerito was thumped
FATEFUL DAY; The day Mamerito was thumped
“Mugalya also joined by assisting Mugalya to block me by pulling me backwards. Ssekiziyivu came with a chair that had a white caution with an intention of hitting me. I begged him not hit me. At this time, Kaweesi came to my rescue and during the process, we both fell down. Every one beat me only to be saved by gunshots and then I was whisked away by police.”
The magistrate asked, “Under which conditions were you in at that time?” Mamerito replied, “I was bleeding in the face and in total pin and my shirt had been torn. I was put in a police van and rushed to Kampala International hospital where I was admitted for about four hours before doctors advised me to take a long rest due to the shock I had undergone.”

He said that along the way to hospital, he got information that his vehicle registration number UAL 440N that had lots of his valuable property. He said that Muyanja and Ssekiziyivu went ahead to threaten him when they appeared on a local TV talk show shortly before Muyanja was arrested.
Counsel for the defendants, Asuman Basalirwa cross examined him in which he challenged Mamerito to categorically prove how he was able to identify each of the accused from such a big crowd and what each used to beat him. Basalirwa asked Mamerito to accept that all this is a grudge he has on some of the accused like Mugalya because he contested with him for his post. Basalirwa further challenged him, “Which part of the head was hit?” Mamerito replied, “This side”. Basalirwa sked, “Is there a scar?” Mamerito replied, “May be you can see it” Basalirwa asked, “So you are not aware whether you have it or not” Marito said, “It might have cured since it is a year back (court laughed).”
After court, Basalirwa told us that Mamerito’s testimony was full entirely false and that they have all the evidence to prove him a liar. The matter was adjourned to November 12 for further hearing

No comments:

Post a Comment