Monday, 13 October 2014

S4 candidates stranded as head teacher disappears at exam centre.Drive Hot News


Some of the S4 candidates abandoned by their school head teacher at Bombo examination hall in Luweero District on Monday. 

Luweero
Ten Senior four students of Kalumba Standard SS near Matugga Town were on Monday morning left stranded after their head teacher abandoned them at Bombo Hall examination Centre after failing to register them for the 2014 UCE examination which began this morning.
The ten students according to Mr Richard Emuna, the OC Station Bombo Police Station assured them that they were to sit their UCE exams at Bombo Hall, a private examination center managed by Bombo Town Council.
"These students were brought by their head teacher after convincing them that he had registered them with UNEB and were supposed to sit for their respective exam papers at Bombo Hall examination centre. The headteacher disappeared at the center leaving behind the pickup vehicle he used to transport the students from Matugga town. We have handed over the case to Matugga police station where the case is supposed to be handled",Mr Emuna told the Daily Monitor.
According to one of the Students Hassan Kawere, the school head teacher Mr Emmanuel Kutessa and the School Director Mr Richard Kyagera assured them at the examination briefing last week that they had been registered at Bombo hall. The victimized students were also examination index numbers but these turned out to belong to other candidates at the centre.
"When we arrived at Bombo hall in the morning, the Index numbers given to us at the time of briefing turned to be of other candidates who registered at the hall. Their names were corresponding with the index numbers given to us. We were told to leave the centre because we could not explain what had happened,” Kawere said.
The students said that they paid Shs 100,000 for examination registration and another Shs70,000 for transport and meals but were never given receipts by the school head teacher.
Ms Margaret Mirembe, a parent to one of the affected students said, “The school authorities demanded for the Shs70,000 as fees fort for meals and transport which we paid. It is unfortunate that the head teacher is trying to ruin the future of our children,” Ms Mirembe said