Being single isn’t a disease, It’s an opportunity for you to grow, learn, and experience life in a way that you won’t be able to when you are married.
Here are 5 things to do while you’re single:
1. Be firm in your faith.
- Build your faith on a foundation that cannot be shaken, no matter
whom you encounter. This will not only bring you peace during your
season of singleness, but will also help you in your journey of finding
the person you plan on being with for the rest of your life.Don’t let
your beliefs change depending on whom you’re trying to impress. This
tactic will always come around to hurt you in the long run.
2. Get grounded in your personal identity.
- Know who you are before trying to explain it to someone else. Be
confident in your purpose, your body, your identity, and your life
choices. Relationships will not fix your identity problems, but they can
be an added bonus to who you are as a person.
3. Focus on school, or starting you career.
- You have a lot of time on your hands. Instead of spending it
wallowing in your singleness, GO MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF! You are
worth more than what sitting on a couch waiting for your significant
other makes you out to be. Step out into the world and take maturity by
the horns. Start building your future instead of simply dreaming about
4. Learn to be independent until needed otherwise.
- There is nothing wrong with aspiring to be a stay at home mom, or
even being a man who works from home. But until either of these
opportunities come into play, you need to make sure you are doing
everything possible to provide for yourself, your future family, and
your future aspirations. Don’t live day-to-day. Plan for the future, and
look forward to the possibilities. You owe it to yourself to mature in
5. Stop dating people you know aren’t right for you.
- While you’re single, stay away from mindless dating experiences. If
you know they aren’t your type, don’t give them the time of day. All
you are going to do is hurt them and eventually confuse your heart. Stop
dating the wrong people and start focusing on becoming the right