Thursday, 30 April 2015

Mediterranean boat disaster: '200 Senegalese' among dead.Drive Hot News

Rescued migrants disembark at the Sicilian harbour of Catania on 23 April 2015
 There were only 28 survivors from the migrant boat disaster, thought to be the deadliest ever recorded.


At least 200 Senegalese died in the boast disaster off the coast of Libya earlier this month, officials say.
More than 750 migrants are thought to have died when the boat capsized off the coast of Libya on 18 April.
A Senegalese official told the BBC that survivors of the shipwreck and Senegalese associations working in Libya had confirmed the figures.
European leaders have pledged to triple funding for rescue operations aimed at migrant boats in the Mediterranean.
Senegalese foreign ministry official Sorry Kaba told BBC Afrique that African countries needed to work together on the issue of migrants, not only on the issue of emergency measures, but also to come up with longer term solutions.Source BBC