Friday 9 January 2015

Gossip.Namubiru Attacks Music Hijackers.Drive Hot News


 Irene Namubiru
 Irene Namubiru.

Iryn had earlier made a public statement asking all those who upload her music illegally to stop and pull it
down or she takes a legal action against them.
However there was no response from the bloggers and website owners. This made her irritated and forced her to cry again
‘In all honesty, I cannot and have no time to contact the people who have violated my copyright for years. So again, mine is another public request that they stop and those who have uploaded my music pull it down immediately,’ Namubiru said.
According to her, she is the only person who should be responsible for reaching out to her music to her fans.
‘As it is right now, all ‘my music’ on YouTube and other distribution services is not mine, is illegal and a violation of copyright,’ she added.
At the moment, she says that she has instituted over 6000 legal actions against those who violate the copyrights law.
However, it is not clear whether her fans will be satisfied with her action since little or no Ugandans buy music.
Below is Iryn’s full statement 
My Dear fans and supporters,
A while back I initiated cyber action on violation of my music copyright.
Many of you will recall my public complaint a while back about my music being literally stolen as it was being uploaded all over the internet without my permission. At the moment, there are over 600 violations under investigation that are being or will be randomly acted on.
In all honesty, I can not and have no time to contact the people who have violated my copyright for years. So again, mine is another public request that they stop and those who have uploaded my music pull it down immediately.
At the same time, I’m exploring ways of legally and professional availing my music to all my fans and will keep you updated.
As it is right now, all ‘my music’ on YouTube and other distribution services is not mine, is illegal and a violation of copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment